When is the most suitable language training for children wearing hearing aids?Cindy
Language training after the child wears hearing aids is a consensus that almost all parents have reached . However, for many parents, this is just a concept. For hearing-impaired children, we emphasize early intervention, including early detection, early diagnosis, early treatment, early wear, and early language training
When is the most suitable language training for children wearing hearing aids?
People have a best time to learn language. People’s speech is the best period of 1 to 3 years old. Before 7 years old, in order to get the best period, the plasticity of the brain from 7 to 12 years old is obviously reduced. After 12 years old, it gradually approaches the adult. Auditory development begins after birth. Three months ago, it was mostly under the control of the subcortical central control. After 3 months, the hearing developed rapidly, and meaningful auditory behavior gradually developed. It is well known that children aged 5 years old move from one city to another in a distant country or city. They only need to learn to speak with aunts or other children in kindergarten, and they can learn the local language after 3 to 5 months.
It can be seen that the plasticity of language development in childhood is very large, and it is almost impossible for adults to do it. Therefore, it is emphasized that the early use of hearing aids for language training is to early use the function of remaining hair cells in the inner ear, and to develop the function of brain intelligence and auditory speech center as early as possible. Only the auditory center of the brain and the speech center and the joint area of the two can be as early as possible. Get speech stimuli and establish connections so that you can master the skills and skills of listening and speaking.
Hearing impaired patients who have just wore hearing aids feel as uncomfortable as people suddenly wear a pair of dentures. They can’t accept the sudden foreign objects in their ears, and they are less willing to accept the sounds they have never heard before. Therefore, it is very important to do adaptive training in the early stage of hearing aids.
Guidance for parents of hearing-impaired patients before the age of 7 (pre-school)
- Arouse interest in wearing hearing aids. Parents can wear a hearing aid-like item on their ear to show their child the interest of wearing a hearing aid.
2, as far as possible to the hearing-impaired children rehabilitation center, when the child sees other children wearing hearing aids, he will imitate the appearance of other children, willing to wear hearing aids. Because imitation is the nature of children.
- At the beginning, the volume of the hearing aid can be adjusted to a lower state; slowly transition to the appropriate volume position.
4, start wearing hearing aids should not be too long, you can slowly increase the wearing time of hearing aids. The first 5 days: wear 2, 3 hours a day; the last 5 days: wear 5 or 6 hours a day; after two weeks, you can transition to wear all day (except for sleeping time).
- When starting to wear a hearing aid, try to choose a quiet environment. After a few days of hearing aids, slowly transition to a more complex sound environment. Don’t avoid taking your child to the noisy ambient sound at the beginning.
Suggestions for parents of school-aged hearing-impaired patients after 7 years old
- Arouse interest in wearing hearing aids. Parents should explain to their children the meaning and role of wearing a hearing aid, and try to let the child understand the benefits of wearing a hearing aid so that the child can accept the fact that the hearing aid is worn.
- Try to bring your child to a hearing rehabilitation center. Let the child know that there are many children like him who also wear hearing aids. After scientific, systematic and long-term rehabilitation training, they can already hear. Let the child change the psychology of not wearing the hearing aid, and actively raise the awareness of wearing a hearing aid.
- At the beginning, the volume of the hearing aid can be adjusted to a lower state; slowly transition to the appropriate volume position. Let the child learn to switch the hearing aid and learn about other things as soon as possible.
- When the hearing aid is initially worn, the time should not be too long, and the hearing aid wearing time can be slowly increased. The first 3 days: wear 2, 3 hours a day; the last 3 days: wear 5 or 6 hours a day; after a week, you can transition to wear all day (except for sleeping time).
- When initially wearing a hearing aid, try to choose a quiet environment. After a few days of wearing the hearing aid, slowly transition to a more complex sound environment. Don’t avoid taking your child to the noisy ambient sound at the beginning.