What does the elderly need to pay attention to hearing loss hearing aids?Cindy
Many elderly people are prone to ear damage! Do you know how to equip hearing aids for the elderly with ear damage? Do you know what to pay attention to when using hearing aids for the elderly with ear damage?
Ear loss is clinically divided into conductive ear loss caused by lesions of the outer ear and middle ear; neurological ear loss caused by inner ear and auditory neuropathy; mixed ear loss caused by the lesion of the outer middle ear and the middle ear auditory nerve. There are many reasons for ear damage, including heredity, birth injury, infection, improper application of drugs, immune diseases, degradation of physiological functions, and poisoning of certain chemicals.
Early detection, early diagnosis and early treatment of ear damage patients. For conductive ear damage and mixed ear damage, it is necessary to find out the cause of thorough treatment, improve the environment and sound transmission function in the middle ear, and maximize the restoration of hearing.
The selection of hearing aids is a professional and complicated process. The hearing loss of elderly people with hearing aids generally goes through the following 5 steps:
1. Professional hearing test: First of all, you should check the ears for obstruction, otitis media, and pus. If you wear a hearing aid during the period of otitis media suppuration, the pus can easily damage the hearing aid. A second hearing test is to understand the hearing status of the user. Digital hearing aids can be targeted for debugging according to your hearing at different frequencies, so that the optional effect will be ideal.
2. Hearing aid pre-selection: There are many brands, types and models of hearing aids. For a specific user, which one is more suitable for them is a professional problem that the user cannot solve by himself. Hearing needs to help choose, and try on, listen to see if the effect is satisfactory.
3. Take ear prints, ear molds or customized hearing aids: If you use ear canal or in-the-ear hearing aids, you need to make ear molds according to the shape of your ear canal. Others cannot replace it to ensure wearing comfort. Generally Available after 1 ~ 5 days.
4. Hearing aid debugging: After the device is completed, wear and debug, evaluate the use effect, learn to maintain and use.
5. Follow-up: Adjust and correct hearing aids as needed.
If you choose hearing aids for the elderly, it is best to choose a professional organization, and the wearer will personally go to the site to be inspected, tried on and debugged. Otherwise, if you buy an inappropriate hearing aid, you may not only experience pain and excessive noise during wearing. Such as discomfort, or the effect of improving hearing is not achieved, causing waste, and may even increase hearing damage.