Speech discrimination is poor. What should I pay attention to when wearing hearing aids?Cindy
For hearing-impaired people, hearing aids are one of the effective means to improve their listening and help them communicate better with others.
As for the effect of hearing aids, everyone may be different. Generally speaking, for the hearing-impaired people who have poor speech discrimination ability, the benefits of hearing aids are relatively small.
So, what should these hearing-impaired people pay attention to when wearing hearing aids, and how to improve the “hearing effect” from the details?
Overcoming impatience and loss
Although it is said that the characteristics of this type of hearing loss determine the effectiveness of wearing hearing aids, do not discourage and give up, change your mindset and actively face it, and gradually build confidence through rehabilitation training after wearing hearing aids.
Master communication skills
Because wearing hearing aids alone ca n’t achieve the desired results, in all aspects of daily life, people with hearing impairments need to learn to use some communication skills to improve their ability to communicate with people.
(1) Confirm the topic of the conversation: find out the topic of the conversation so that you can prepare mentally for the important words of the topic and make it easier to understand the content of the conversation.
(2) Learn to read (lip-reading): Because each lip is pronounced differently, for example: “wave”, lips are closed first and then protruded. If you can combine reading (lip-reading) and visual information, you must Can increase speech comprehension.
(3) Utilize a variety of non-verbal messages: Speaking is just a method of communication, and the other person’s eyes, facial expressions, body language, and even the surrounding environment can help you understand the content of the conversation.
(4) Control the conversation environment: Try to talk in a quiet environment as much as possible. Even normal hearing people will have difficulty talking in a noisy environment; therefore, the TV or radio sound should be reduced / turned off during the conversation, or alternatively A quieter place.
(5) Ask the speaker to face the light: Since speaking (lip reading) can increase language recognition, it is very important to be able to see the other person’s face clearly during the conversation. If the other person’s face has a shadow or his face is carrying light , You should ask the other party to move to a brighter position.
(6) Avoid talking in a poorly sounded room: if there is no carpet in the room, or if there is no suction plate in the room, the walls are smooth, and there are many windows without curtains, it is easy to reverberate and make the speech difficult to read.
If you can, it’s best to redecorate the room, add more sound-absorbing surfaces, or try to avoid talking in such rooms.
(7) Shorten the conversation distance: Try to shorten the distance with the other party during the conversation, it is better to see the other party’s face clearly. Sit as close as possible to the speaker in the conference room or classroom to read (lip-read) and collect other non-verbal messages.
(8) When you can’t hear clearly, don’t be shy about making a request: ask the other party to slow down; ask the other party to reorganize the sentence; ask clearly what you don’t understand.
(9) In a group meeting or assembly: sit in a position where you can clearly see two parts of each person; please indicate each person before speaking; make good use of the loudspeaker.
(10) Make special arrangements for large-scale meetings or classes: Ask the speakers to use more words to express their questions; ask others to help write notes; avoid sitting near walls and windows.
(11) Read more current affairs news: Try to keep in touch with the society, help to familiarize with the topics of relatives and friends around, and help understand the content of the conversation.
(12) Maintain communication between the two parties: Don’t deliberately rush to talk to avoid embarrassment when you can’t hear others.