Noise Occupation: How can airport ground crews prevent noise damage?Cindy
The ground crew of the airport endured the noise of up to 140 decibels per day , which was quite terrible.
Noise is one of the seven typical public hazards of environmental pollution. Human beings are exposed to noise in daily life environment or in production labor, which will have adverse effects on human health.
The degree of noise hazard depends on the intensity of the noise and the exposure time in a noisy environment. The initial impact and damage to the hearing may be slight and recoverable, so that we are not aware of it and can only be discovered through professional examination.How can we prevent the harm caused by noise on the human body?
1. Before entering the noise workplace
(1) Check whether the earplugs and earmuffs are in good condition;
(2) Wear it according to the correct wearing method;
(3) Do the wearing adhesion check.Always wear in the noise working area.
2, leaving the job
(1) After reaching the safe area, remove the earmuffs and earplugs;
(2) According to the product instruction manual, properly clean the earplugs and earmuffs.
3, properly wear and remove earplugs, earmuffs
Users should carefully read the product manual before using earplugs and earmuffs, and wear them according to the product manual.Remove the earplugs, rotate the earplugs by hand, and slowly turn them out of the ear canal. Remember to quickly and directly pull the earplugs out of the ear canal.
4, check after wearing
After wearing the earplugs, the earplugs should be checked for air tightness.Enter the noise working environment, cover the ears with both hands, listen to the outside sound, and then open the hand. If the sound heard before and after does not change significantly, the adhesion is good.On the contrary, the adhesion is poor and needs to be re-fitted.
5. Why do you always wear earplugs and earmuffs in the noise place?
Noise damage to hearing is related to exposure time and exposure intensity. Insufficient wear time is often an important cause of protection failure.A workplace employee needs 8 hours to wear earplugs, earmuffs, and the earphones and earmuffs used have a nominal noise reduction of 30 dB.
(1) Wearing 8 hours (100% time), can achieve 30 dB noise reduction effect;
(2) Wearing 7.5 hours (93.7% time), effective protection is only 12 dB (40% effect);
(3) Wear 4 hours (50% time), effective protection 3 dB (10% effective protection).
It can be seen that the wearing time is shortened and the effective protection will be sharply reduced.Always wear earplugs and earmuffs to protect your hearing.
In addition to the company’s annual physical examination, the noise occupational high-risk population should improve the frequency of hearing detection. The hearing loss is best within one week. Prevention of hearing loss is the most effective way of hearing protection, and hearing detection helps to promptly predict hearing loss. Early detection, early intervention, early recovery.